The Board will meet tonight (10/18) in the Lobby at 6:30 PM. All residents are welcome to attend!
As we enter the second half of the year it is once again time to review the current budget and begin to prepare the 2018 budget. Each year the Association puts together a voluntary Budget Committee to review the last budget, propose ideas, provide comments and prepare the the upcoming years budget. The committee will meet approximately 5 times over the next 2 months with the first meeting being directly after the scheduled board meeting on Wednesday September 20, 2017.
We are asking for 3-4 volunteers to work with Nancy Miranda, Board representative, for the 2018 budget. If you are interested in volunteering, please email email@example.com with the following information no later than Friday, September 15, 2017.
Best contact information
What strengths you feel you can add to the committee
Residents, please extend a warm welcome Gabby, she will be supporting Bruce at the front desk. Gabby will start this weekend and will help fill the holes in the schedule we have experienced during the summer months. Desk hours will be resuming the standard 10-10 format weekday & 6-11 format for saturday service.
All the HOC is scheduled to have a general monthly association meeting on Wednesday August 16th at 6:30pm. Meetings take place in the lobby or the rooftop depending on the weather.
Our meeting format generally follows a management company update (providing our financials, issues remediated, and building enhancements over the past month). Next we open the floor to residents for questions and comments. Finally the board will moved into a closed executive session to discuss any sensitive matters as needed.
The board is looking for a pleasant Front Desk receptionist to assist with the daily clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. If you know someone looking for a flexible job that pays $14/hr please contact City Lights. The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy going personality while also being very perceptive and disciplined.
The board is also interested in gauging resident interest in providing front desk support during periods where the desk would otherwise not be staffed. Residents interested in supporting would be similarly be paid $14/hr as employees of the HOC and would be offered extremely flexible hours to fit their work schedules.
- Keep front desk tidy and presentable with all necessary material (pens, forms, paper etc.)
- Answer questions and address complaints
- Answer all incoming calls and redirect them or keep messages
- Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them, send email notice to owners via the portal
- Monitor the cameras and report building violators to property manager
- Walk the building during shifts and create portal tasks for building maintenance items
- Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels etc.
- Check, sort and forward emails
- Monitor office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Keep updated records and files
- Take up other duties as assigned (printing and posting notices in the building)
- Proven experience as front desk representative, agent or relevant position
- Familiarity with computer and internet explorer, word & excel
- Knowledge of office management and basic bookkeeping
- Proficient in English (oral and written)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Good organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- Problem-solving skills
- Customer service experience
- Flexible schedule
We are proud to announce that the Heights of Columbia will soon be set up for Verizon FiOS high speed internet. This will allow residents to have greater choice over their Internet Service Providers.
At this time, Verizon has completed a study of our property and we concur with their solution. While Verizon declined to provide us with a timeline for installation, they did say installation will occur no later than Summer 2018.
The Board will keep residents posted as more information becomes available .
The HOC will stand up a Gardening Committee to help keep our tree boxes in shape, and eventually gardening boxes on the roof. The HOC board is looking for volunteers to join to help keep our building look clean and beautiful. If you have any interest, please reach out to City Lights or come to the monthly board meetings to join.
The Association will fund a nominal amount of money towards the gardening committee to purchase plants and tools as requested
Welcome to the new Heights of Columbia (HOC) website. This site is designed to give current residents insight into pertinent building information quickly and easily.
This site will provide digital meeting minutes, rules/regulations, and contact forms to facilitate resident awareness and participation in the buildings continued growth and change.
Please feel free to reach out to us regarding any comments or suggestions that you may have to help us continue bettering our community